Re: watermaker d 60/fureno radar

mkendjian

Phil
Desalinator are in Antibes and one of the directors is Mr. de Jong
who speaks excelent English. Sometimes he is in France and other
times in Spain but you should be able to get him in France next week
as desalinator have a stand on the fair in Cannes.
I have found them to be very helpfull and if you need any help I
will be on board in Golfe Juan (4 km from Cannes) from the 7th of
September.
Kindest regards,

Michael Kendjian
""Ana-Fleur""
SM 200 number 478

-- In amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, phil.berghmans <no_reply@...>
wrote:

hello everyone,

hi,i've bougth amel santorin (1994) recently and i am preparing
her to
go bluewater cruising.I will be crossing the med( france to
turkey)leaving 1st off september.(We leave the med next year)

While preparing the boat the watermaker d60 i believe has not
worked
for at least 5 years and seams to be in bad condition (pump looks
very
corroded,filters don't look so good ether,...)The unit has 150
hours.Does anyone have any advice or experience with this problem?

Is it word to have a big revision done on this (old model)would
you
remove it or change it for another newer less power consuming
model?
Anyone has any idea off the costs reparing a d 60?

Or would you go cruising without one ?

Also have problems with the Fureno radar(500h) only gives very few
readings nearby on small range and not very clear echos.I tried to
clean the connections under the mizzen mast and went up the mast to
open the antenna(wich looked brandnew inside).This didn't help very
much.Adjusting the gain didn't ether.Does anyone have any
experience
on this subject ?

The fridge allso has a problem they changed the compresser but
didn't
replace it with the original frigoboat system but with a
conventional
danfoss (db 35 i think)that works on air cooling.The system
continuesly runs wich made me change the thermostat.This did not
help
so i think i have to change to a water cooled system?Anyone had the
same problem?

For the rest she looks great! haha

Thank you all for your advice.

Phil Amel Santorin 1994 nr 101