From: amelyachtowners@... on behalf of sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners]
Sent: 08 July 2018 22:50:13
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Onan Water Pump

I put a PDF in the Files section under Onan Information.

The PDF is a set of photos of my overhaul of the water pump.  With the Bearing Puller I have (bought from Harbor Freight) it really wasn't too bad or complicated of a job.  I had the "Major Service Kit" from Onan on board and it had some pretty good instructions.

The intent of the PDF is to just give a visual overview of the process and how it can be accomplished with a bearing puller in lieu of a hydraulic press.  It's worth noting that the instructions from Onan, under Tools required, lists a "Hand Press".  I expect they are referring to something like my bearing puller.

Have fun!
Duane

Oh, and for Ian, I'm not sure what Mark used but I plan to use either a "Banjo30 Mesh T-Line Strainer, 595 Microns, 1" Pipe Size
Item # 3DTX3 Mfr. Model # LST100-30 Catalog Page # 2898 UNSPSC # 40142501"  from Amazon,

or
1" Y Strainer,Threaded, 20Mesh, 4-1/2"Length, Bronze KECKLEY 45AK97 11THYBCM20M34
from the Grainger catalog.