Genoa electric furling gears

Kostas Ioannidis <kostas_ioannidis@...>

Dear all,

Our electric furling system on our Super Maramu no 29 in 1990 is broken.
The gears inside are sheared . We had already replaced the bearings inside when it was making some noise a few years ago but this time the mechanical engineer here on Syros island in Greece says that he will need replacement gears as it will be very hard to have new ones cut and probably very expensive.
Has anyone had any experience and does anyone have any ideas to help?
Maud at Amel will send some plans which will help but any other help will be very much appreciated!!

Best regards,
Helen and Kostas Yuvanidi sailing on “Meditation “Super Maramu no 29 in 1990