Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sad video of Nikimat

Peter Forbes

Alexander,

Carango is now for sale if your friend is interested- she is in La Rochelle with her new fuel cap!

Peter Forbes

On Mon, 9 Jul 2018 at 15:25, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Thanks very much Mark,
I keep an eye on the forum, I am very proud and honored to be remembered and that many of you answer questions using some of the illustrations I did.
With time, I will put more pictures and reorganize the site.

Last time I saw NIKIMAT was may be 1 month ago after he was towed to the French side and the masts were removed. After that, I look and look and never saw him again…
The salvage company told me, it is awaiting to be shredded.

I left Sint Maarten last Tuesday, I am now in Martinique where I saw again Dave & Leanne, John & Coleen, met Charlie & John (Tritum) as well as Olaf (I am actually staying on his Santorin).
Going to pick up my friend Arno who is looking at a 54.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sad video of Nikimat
To: amelyachtowners@...
Date: Sunday, July 8, 2018, 9:17 AM

Hard to watch, I remember seeing the message here
about Alex’s loss right after Irma. He does continue to
help on this forum and in many other ways!
Godspeed Alexandre and Nikimat!

Sent from my
iPhone
On Jul 8,
2018, at 8:29 AM, brentcameron61@...
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
wrote:

I stumbled across this video
yesterday.  Apparently Nikimat (2001 Super Maramu, Hull #
289) is going to be parted out to rebuild Agapanthe
(Rafael's boat a 1999 Super Maramu, Hull #246).  Both
were totalled in Hurricane Irma at St. Martin.  I only post
this to show the toughness of these boats.  I know many of
us wondered exactly what kind of damage it would take to
sink a Super Maramu.  Despite severe damage and being
nearly chopped in half,  Nikimat looks to be in remarkably
good condition considering what she lived through in her
final hours.  (I did check with Alexandre before posting
this).  Despite everything he's gone through, he
continues to be a leader in this great community, helping
others.
   http://picbear.online/used_boats_for_sale_caribbean
Brent
CameronFuture Super Maramu