Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sad video of Nikimat
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, July 9, 2018, 10:51 AM

Alexander,
Carango is now for sale if your
friend is interested- she is in La Rochelle with her new
fuel cap!
Peter
Forbes
On Mon, 9
Jul 2018 at 15:25, Alexandre Uster von Baar uster@rocketmail.com
[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:

Thanks very much Mark,

I keep an eye on the forum, I am very proud and honored to
be remembered and that many of you answer questions using
some of the illustrations I did.

With time, I will put more pictures and reorganize the site.

Last time I saw NIKIMAT was may be 1 month ago after he was
towed to the French side and the masts were removed. After
that, I look and look and never saw him again…

The salvage company told me, it is awaiting to be shredded.

I left Sint Maarten last Tuesday, I am now in Martinique
where I saw again Dave & Leanne, John & Coleen, met
Charlie & John (Tritum) as well as Olaf (I am actually
staying on his Santorin).

Going to pick up my friend Arno who is looking at a 54.

Sincerely, Alexandre

On Sun, 7/8/18, Mark Garver mgarver@me.com

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com

Date: Sunday, July 8, 2018, 9:17 AM

Hard to watch, I remember seeing the message here

about Alex’s loss right after Irma. He does continue

help on this forum and in many other ways!

Godspeed Alexandre and Nikimat!

Sent from my

iPhone

On Jul 8,

2018, at 8:29 AM, brentcameron61@gmail.com

[amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com>

wrote:

I stumbled across this video

yesterday.  Apparently Nikimat (2001 Super Maramu, Hull
#

289) is going to be parted out to rebuild Agapanthe

(Rafael's boat a 1999 Super Maramu, Hull #246).
Both

were totalled in Hurricane Irma at St. Martin.  I only
post

this to show the toughness of these boats.  I know many
of

us wondered exactly what kind of damage it would take to

sink a Super Maramu.  Despite severe damage and being

nearly chopped in half,  Nikimat looks to be in
remarkably

good condition considering what she lived through in her

final hours.  (I did check with Alexandre before
posting

this).  Despite everything he's gone through, he

continues to be a leader in this great community,
helping

others.

   http://picbear.online/used_boats_for_sale_caribbean

Brent