leak in saloon drain hose

Ryan Meador

Hi all,

I have noticed a very slow leak in the drain hose that runs from the forward watertight bulkhead, beneath the floor in the saloon, to the area beneath the companionway.  It fills the space beneath the companionway stairs with water.  I think the leak is at the fitting where the dishwasher drain and air conditioning condensate T into it:

I'm unsure if the leak is between the hose and the fitting, or the fitting itself has cracked.  I'm afraid to take it apart without a plan.  I'm wondering if someone can help me with a few questions:
  1. does this thing come apart?  it looks like the parts are glued, except the hose clamps
  2. what is the white part in the middle?
  3. do you know the inside diameters of the hoses?  is there anything special about the material of the one that runs the length of the saloon?
Thanks,
Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration
Boston, MA, USA