Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: New Iridium GO - where to place the antenna.

Jean-Pierre Germain <jgermain@...>

Thanks James. We placed ours on the dodger starboard.

Thanks

On 11 Jul 2018, at 14:36, James Studdart james.studdart@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We have ours in the Nav station too (exact same place as Delos actually) with the antenna on the bar that spans across the two back stays from the mizzen (just over head height). I believe the bar was added by Amel for the original sat phone install and might not be on all SMs. This way it casts no shadow on the solar and has a very good view of the horizon.

Cheers,
 James.
 SeaBean, SM344
 Vava'u, Tonga

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018 at 12:07 greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We put the iridium go itself at the nav station. The antenna was mounted on the liferail toward the stern. It needs a clear view of the sky.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA