Removing Genoa car

Patrick McAneny

I needed to replace the bearings in the genoa cars and I tried a way of cutting the T out of a portion of the track that worked well,so I thought I would pass it on. I used my router and took off probably 1/32" with each pass. It looks pretty good and requires no filing. It took about 1/2 hr. per side. With the new bearings the car does not slide easily ,but probably will wear in , I may try some spray for now. I am lazy and don't adjust the lead as much as I should. I just ordered new springs for the cars as well as the are broken , they should be a fair bit quieter now.

Join to automatically receive all group messages.