Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Grenada Haulout

Stephen Davis

Hi Jeff,

Have you considered going to Trinidad instead? I’ve done both, and would pick Trinidad over Grenada for hauling the boat any day.

Cost will be similar in both places. Grenada gets hurricanes and Trinidad is close, but much less likely to get a hurricane. They pack the boats together like sardines in the Grenada yards, but tend to give you a bit more space in Trinidad. The two best yards to use in Trinidad are Peakes and Powerboats. Both are very well run, and can haul your boat. They will also rent you an AC, and install it in the hatch above your main salon for a reasonable price. If you need to do some work while hauled, Trinidad has more talent and nearby resources than Grenada in my opinion.

We spent 6 weeks in 2016 at Powerboats having our boat awlgripped top and bottom, and several other big jobs accomplished. We were extremely happy with the experience we had there. Did I mention you can get a very good Roti at the Roti stand in Powerboats?

Good luck on figuring out where to take your boat.

Best Regards,

Steve Davis
Aloha SM 72
Hawaii

On Jul 12, 2018, at 01:28, jmkraus@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good Morning Amelians,

I hope this message finds everyone enjoying their Amel adventures.

I'm considering sliding down to Grenada from Puerto Rico  and hauling out. I'd probably stay on the hard for a couple months. As such, while there, I may buy a little portable a/c unit to plug in to stay aboard while there, if that would work. Is the power standard or European? If a stay off the boat is in the decision, how are prices generally speaking?

I'm sure that many have been there and hauled out there, however, that list excludes me.

Any recommendations for where to, and where NOT to haul out would be appreciated. Any decent sail repair shops? (I have some minor work).

I haven't done much research yet, but any general or specific advice regarding the island's offerings both positive and negative?

Thanks in advance for any information kindly offered.

Regards to All.

Jeff Spirit Amel 54 #14