Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Grenada Haulout

Mark Erdos

If traveling to Trinidad, they recommend a float plan be filed with the authorities. Crime and pirating has become much worse with the conditions deteriorating in Venezuela since this was published on noonsite:

Following the boarding of two yachts on two separate occasions in December on passage from Grenada to Trinidad, the Trinidad and Tobago Coast Guard and YSATT have been working hard to ensure the safe passage of leisure vessels in their waters. To this end, the Coastguard would like to encourage all skippers making a passage between Trinidad and any neighboring country - especially if passing near the Trinidad/Venezuelan Maritime Boundary - to submit a Float Plan.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Curacao

www.creampuff.us