Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine stop

Hi Jluc, Interesting to hear yopur solution. What exactly did you clean? Did you just put some WD40 into the switch or did you unscrew the whole panel and clean the contacts at the back as well?
Cheers, Ian Pen Azen SM 302

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
From: jlmertz@free.fr
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 21:21:55 +0200
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Engine stop

I had the same problem this summer, I cleaned the Volvo ignition switch,
and all was ok,

good lock
JLuc
CottonBay

sailw32 a écrit :

My SM has a TMD22A engine,increasingly my engine has failed to shut
down using the igition switch,recently it has been failing every time.I
have been forced to use the emergency stop on the engine.My question
is, what is activated by the switch on the engine to shut it down?
Thanks,Pat