Thanks,

Steve Davis
S/V Aloha

On Jul 16, 2018, at 9:39 AM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve, Rather than fabricating a new quadrant , which would have been necessary had we attempted to replicate Amels original installation , I only had to fabricate an extension arm and weld it to the existing quadrant .  The design and installation on my boat went very smoothly , easy to do and has proven to work well for thousands of miles . After looking at your options ,if you chose to do an installation such as I did , I will be glad to supply you with more pictures and measurements , perhaps even a template of the extension arm. Have you looked at the photo section , I just did and there is a couple of pics that shows clearly what I did . Let me know if you go this route, and I will help in any way I can.

Good Luck,
Pat
SM Shenanigans

-----Original Message-----
From: flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners <amelyachtowners@...>
Sent: Mon, Jul 16, 2018 2:14 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Steering Failure on 1992 SM72 "Aloha"

 Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your response regarding our steering. We have it on our very long list while in Hawaii this year to add a linear drive. Do you have any specs on how you modified the quadrant on the drive attachment side?  Any info you have on this would be a big help in figuring out how to make the modification.

If you want to email me directly, try flyboyscd at gmail dot com.

Thanks,

Steve
Aloha SM 72