From: Stephen Davis flyboyscd@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Mon, Jul 16, 2018 7:34 pm
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Steering Failure on 1992 SM72 "Aloha"

Thanks Pat...it is greatly appreciated. We have modified our aft stateroom a bit by removing the fiberglass liners on both sides, building the berth on the port side out to King size at the head and queen at the foot, and adding new cabinetry on the stbd side. With that said, the area under the port berth where the drive will go, is not changed in any way that will cause an issue.

I’ll give you my Hawaii address below, and please let me know if I can send you a check or do a pay pal to reimburse you for mailing cost.

Aloha,

Steve

Steve Davis
95-464 Kaelo Place
Mililani, Hawaii 96789

Cell: 510-908-1835

Steve Davis
S/V Aloha

On Jul 16, 2018, at 12:33 PM, Patrick Mcaneny sailw32@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Steve, It is a pretty straight forward solution ,uses no usable space and does not require cutting out any structural components . Remember you need a 24 v linear drive with the long arm. You will also want to buy an A/B switch , in order to switch back and forth between the rotary and linear drive. I will send photo of that as well.I will very soon take many more photos and measurements for you . Do you have the same layout as I do, with the berth to port ? I will try to make a template of the extension arm . Would you have an address , I could mail it to you? By the way, congratulations on making a long passage and dealing well through your steering issue.
Pat
SM Shenanigans