Re: Antifoul and watermaker inlet?

greatketch@...

Miles,

If your concern is the water quality out of the RO unit, rest assured you will not have a problem.  Copper water pipes are the preferred type for potable water everywhere.  Also, copper is a very large molecule, and would be very efficiently removed by your RO membranes.

I don’t know about you Maramu, but on our SM most out the interior fresh water plumbing is copper.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <smilesbernard@...> wrote :

Hi there

Wondering on views to antifouling of through hulls that are used for drinking via reverse osmosis ?

We have just copper-bottomed including a new thru hull for a new RO unit on our older maramu

I believe most owners on the forum have SM Sea chest arrangements

All the best
Miles