Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster On/Off Switch Replacement

Alexandre Uster von Baar

Good morning Duane,

I bought mine from Amel.
Amel part 2744:
http://www.nikimat.com/factures/2016_03_Amel.pdf
Paid 7 Euro each.

You can also see the “637” with 2 position (fur or unfurl sail) which is Amel part2743

For both you will need the little protective hood Amel part 2745 (same invoice) paid 2.58 Euro.

Sincerely, Alexandre

Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Bow Thruster On/Off Switch Replacement
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018, 8:22 AM

I replaced the Bow Thruster On/Off switch
and thought others might want to know what part will
work.
The old one was
marked "APEM1, M4, 6-631H".  I could not find a
direct replacement from APEM.
The replacement I used is from Blue Seas
"Weather Deck Panel Switch #4150, Off-On, SPST"
with a Blue Seas #4138 Waterproof Boot.  By the way, the
waterproof boot will fit the old switches if you need
replacements.
The old one was
intermittently not making contact, I suspected corrosion.
This would be a good inexpensive spare to have on hand, and
I believe Amel used it for other devices onboard as well,
for example, the Bow Thruster cut-out switch.
DuaneWanderer, SM#477