Shore power issue

Dean Gillies

Hi,

Today’s job was to replace the impeller in my generator.  It was shredded, so I opened up the heat exchanger to clean it too, it was gunged up badly, so after cleaning all that I had a look at the exhaust elbow too, and cleaned that out as well as the muffler. Great. Put everything back together, and started the genny to test.  Generator worked fine but ...

I forgot when starting the genny we were still running some things on shore power.  The genny seemed to override shore power (as it should I believe), however, on shutting down the generator, the shore power no longer works.

I’ve checked the dock supply and the stern breaker - both good. But I get no light on the 240v panel.

I’m thinking the changeover switch has somehow stuck, but why, where is it, how to reset it ?

Or have I smoked the changeover switch by firing up the genny while shore power is running?

So many questions!

Thoughts ?

Many thanks

Dean