Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] My batteries are dying.

Mark Erdos

Steve,

To start, I think you should turn off the battery charger and let the batteries rest for a couple of hours with no load. Turn off the big red switches at the battery box. Then, take a voltage meter and check the voltage of the bank. If you get 25.6 vdc, there is nothing wrong with your batteries and the problem lies with your battery monitor.

Also, I suggest you invest in a battery tester: https://www.amazon.com/Clore-Automotive-BA7-100-1200-Electronic/dp/B0015PI7A4  It is possible you may have one bad battery that is throwing off your monitor.

Hope this helps

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us