Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Virgin Island Marinas or other options for leaving boat

Courtney,

I like the Virgins and Nanny Cay a lot, like the others, but anywhere in the VI will be a potential loss in another hurricane like IRMA. Trinidad is the safest place, with the ABC's being 2nd.

I found some of the videos of Nanny Cay after IRMA, the last major hurricane. I believe 90% of the boats at Nanny Cay were knocked down and/or dismasted...most were totaled and the "wars" have started with insurance companies. I have a close friend whose boat was knocked down, holed, and dismasted during IRMA at Nanny Cay. He is still paying the monthly yard storage rate even though his boat has been deemed totaled by the insurance company. He also had to pay the charges to have it lifted and moved to another area at Nanny Cay. He is in the process of trying to collect/settle with his insurance company.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:45 AM Courtney Gorman Itsfun1@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all

This winter we would like to base Trippin in the Virgin Islands.  As I still work it's 2 weeks on and 2 weeks of December thru May and I'm looking for a safe economical option to keep Trippin
Thanks
Courtney Gorman
Trippin
54 #101 Grenada