From: c_fruendt <c_fruendt@yahoo.com>
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, September 1, 2008 4:11:31 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] newbie from germany

hello all Amel owners, i am Carsten from Hamburg / Germany and i am
planning to go for a Amel within the next 2 years. I am considering a
Sharki or Maramu for longterm liveabaord and maybe circumnavigation.
MY budget will be arround 100-120 k euro and it looks like that it
should be possible to find a decent boat for such amount. I am also
still considering a Hallberg Rassy 38 which is quite roomy but i do
not like such high center cockpit, teakdeck etc. In germany you will
not find a lot Amel so a comparison is difficult for me. I will
travel to the Med in october to see some Amel and to visit a Maramu
first time.

In case here a any german owner i would like to get in contact.

On question i could not answer with any documentation in the net or
the leaflets i receive from Amel already: How much space is in the
cockpit of a sharki or maramu, can I sleep on one bank ? I am 1.8 m
high. Sometime on photos the cockpit looks quite small but deep which
i like because i sailed many year a nordic folkboat.

I would appreciate if you can let me know if there are any Amel
specific points i should check prior to a purchase. The normal
technical points like blister , engine etc i know quite well already.

I learnt that the headroom in the master room in a Sharki is quite
low so i was receommend only to look out for a Amramu... true ?

The only other negative point i heard is the smelly gray water sump
in the keel, but it looks like one can change it to a closed tank
maybe ....

Regards from Hamburg carsten