Masse Light and March Pump

Duane Siegfri

I replaced the freshwater pump with a Marco UP3 electronic gear pump.  It has a magnetic drive.  The old pump had a bonding wire, so I attached it to the base of the new pump.  I did not hook up the "active" red light on the 24V power panel however, since we can hear this pump operate.

Now I'm getting a warning light on the "leak detector" for the bonding system for the "Ground +".  When I shut off power to the water pump, the warning light no longer illuminates.

Since this unit uses a magnetic drive, is that causing some voltage in the bonding wire?  Should I simply disconnect the bonding wire from the pump?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477