Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] ZF25 Transmission Dipstick / Fluid Level

hanspeter baettig

Dear Dean
may be I did not understand your tex.
You put 3 liters of Acf gear oil in the ZF 25?
Pls explain to the the Amel owners. That is new for me ???
kr
hanspeter
Tamango 2
SM 16
Las Palmas

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 24.07.2018 um 13:07 schrieb trifin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...>:

Hi Alexandre,

Yes its interesting.

I dont know who changed the dipsticks. Personally I don't believe ZF shipped the wrong ones, I think they were changed by someone to try and match the ZF published capacity of 2Litres.

If you use the correct dipstick, you might wonder about the extra fluid needed, but you will always end up with 3l because you use the dipstick as the master reference.

Cheers
Dean