Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Masse Light and March Pump

Duane,

I am almost 100% sure you used the wrong pump and I am 100% sure the UP-3 is not magnetic, unless this is something that Marco made in the last 60 days.

I recommend to Amel School Clients, either of the following MARCO pumps for freshwater:
BEST:UP14/E Electronic water pressure pump 12.2 gpm Part N 16469015
GOOD: UP12/A Water pressure system PTFE gears 9.5 gpm. Plus ATX2 Stainless steel accumulator. Part N 16468013 & 16508110
OK: UP6/A Water pressure system 6.9 gpm. Part N 16462013 & 16508110

BTW, Amel School Clients get a 20% discount when ordering in the EU from MARCO, or in the US from MARCO's partner MATE-USA. If you are interested in becoming a client and owned your Amel at least 1 year CLICK HERE for information.

I hope that this helps you.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Tue, Jul 24, 2018 at 7:07 AM sailor63109@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I replaced the freshwater pump with a Marco UP3 electronic gear pump.  It has a magnetic drive.  The old pump had a bonding wire, so I attached it to the base of the new pump.  I did not hook up the "active" red light on the 24V power panel however, since we can hear this pump operate.

Now I'm getting a warning light on the "leak detector" for the bonding system for the "Ground +".  When I shut off power to the water pump, the warning light no longer illuminates.

Since this unit uses a magnetic drive, is that causing some voltage in the bonding wire?  Should I simply disconnect the bonding wire from the pump?

Thanks,

Duane

Wanderer, SM#477