Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: ZF25 Transmission Failure

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Dean, whatever you do don't be tempted to do an overhaul instead of replacement. I got a "factory reconditioned" box from Italy. It lasted 7 hours.Then that was overhauled, lasted 12 hours. New box 5 years ago, still going. As I said, I went on line and found it in Seattle.

Kind Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 25 July 2018 at 21:46 "trifin@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Danny,

Yes we've changed fluid quite a few times now!  Worth a try as you say.
The Admiral and I love your motto about Ordeal vs Adventure, I plan to use that somewhere on Stella.

Initial delivery quotes were months away, but with great help from forum members I'm starting to get a little traction now on shorter timelines. Maybe our season is not over just yet!

I will of course post about the outcome.

Are you still in NZ. We often visit when we are home in Sydney, I have family near Wellington and Taupo.

Cheers
Dean