Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Masse Light and March Pump

Hi Gang,

Marco pumps have a time limit at which point they stop pumping.  Not on the boat (resto) but will check my documentation.

Cheers,

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM 007
Bora Bora.

On 25 Jul 2018, at 21:21, trifin@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill Kinney, you voiced something that was niggling me too. If you have a freshwater pump that can dump 500 litres into your bilge in about 10 minutes, can your bilge pump handle that. I didn’t get to checking the figures, but it would be nice to think that if a coupling gave way and the pump started pumping water into the engine room, then the bilge pump could keep up.

It happened in my last boat. We had a nice sail, anchored up, went down below to find our floor boards afloat.

Panic, then relief upon tasting!

We chucked in some detergent and gave the bilge a really good clean.

Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
Amel 54#154