Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Masse Light and March Pump

Bill K,

That is the reason I gave 3 choices with:
BEST
GOOD
OK

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 12:03 AM greatketch@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

I use two Marco UP2/E pumps in parallel to have an installed spare.  I have never seen us draw enough water to run both pumps together. They do run at a slightly lower set pressure than all the bigger Marco gear pumps.

They supply all the water we need.  A UP3/E would, in my opinion, be a fine pump for a Super Maramu.  A 12 gallon per minute pump seems like almost ridiculous overkill to me...even with a 20% discount off list price. But then, I don’t power wash my decks from my tanks...

And, none of them are mag drive pumps. All direct drive with lip seal on the shaft.

I have no doubt that a UP12/E works, but how much water do you really use in a minute? Is it worth paying that much for a pump who's capacity is WAY more than you’ll ever use?  That’s more water than the bilge pump can pump out of the sump!

I do come from the perspective of generally being very frugal with water from the tank, so other people might have a different outlook.

Bill Kinney
SM160, Harmonie
Annapolis, MD, USA