Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Run rail maintenance

James Alton

Miles,

   The rails on Sueño had quite a bit of oxidation on them after sitting in the sun for years in the Med. before we bought the boat.   We found that a good scrub with Soft Scrub cleaned them up pretty well.  The wife then put a couple coats of wax on them to provide some protection and they came out surprisingly well.  There may be a better product out there to use and if so hopefully someone will let us know.

Best,

James
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On Jul 28, 2018, at 4:16 PM, smiles bernard smilesbernard@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hello there
I’ve returned to our older Maramu boat after a period with her ashore in the sun
The rub rails are ‘dusty’ - any rope, hand or shoe that touches them comes off with white power marks
Does anyone have any advice on how best to maintain the Amel run rails ?
Some sort of clean n seal tricks?

Many thanks in advance

Miles
Maramu #162