Re: Run rail maintenance

Alejandro Paquin

Good morning, we decided to change ours after 37 years of service, and damage also due to unintended ramming against pilings at our Marina (weather related). It is an Amel original supply, it cost in 2014 about 1200 Euros, shipped to Belgium, it fit properly and was pre cut in two sections. We installed with 1 inch screws (Fasco #8 PAN type 18-8 Stainless Steel) and discarded the original nails, because there was no practical way to attach them. We drilled small pilot holes and used a little over 100 screws. Beware the new rub rail is heavy. it weighs around 70 kg, and was shipped on a nice small pallet.
The new one looks great (finally!!)

Alex Paquin
SIMPATICO
Older Maramu #94, 1981