Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Masse Light and March Pump

Mark,

See the attached PDF of suggested pumps. If you are installing the UP 6, or the UP 12, each has a pressure switch similar to your Amel OEM pump. You connect the 3rd wire to positive wire on the the same side of of the pressure switch as the red wire from the motor.

Also, you will want to go to www.marco.it and create an account with a password. When you have an account and are logged-in, you can go to your pump and see additional information such as, spare parts, manuals and sometimes videos.

Good luck. I believe MARCO is the best replacement for OEM Amel pumps which are no longer available. I understand that Amel is considering using MARCO in the future. Please don't go too cheap like Bill Kinney suggests. The minimum should be the UP6 MARCO pump. Mid-range, the UP12, and top of the line the UP14/E. Be sure to order rebuild parts, especially "gears," which act as impellers, although should last almost forever because of their teflon-type nature.

BTW, a member of the Amel Owners Group Forum send me a private email accusing me of receiving commission from MARCO. It really pissed me off because I have never in my lifetime received anything for my support of a product. In fact, I have never received a hidden commission or incentive. I consider it unethical and without honor. That said, I guess that I am overjoyed in finding MARCO. I have been looking for a suitable OEM replacement since Reya bought A.M.F.A about 6 years ago. I knew that was going to be the end of those quality pumps, and it happened about 1 year ago. So, I am enthusiastic for two reasons, MARCO appears to be a great company, producing very good pumps in a wide assortment, AND, I was able to get all of my clients a 20% discount when purchased directly from MARCO.

Good Luck!

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 8:43 AM Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:
Mark,

You probably know that your OEM pressure switch has 3 wires connected to it. Two of those wires supply 24 positive and negative. The third wire will light the panel LED when positive 24VDC is connected to it. So, you want to connect that third wire to the positive wire going to the pump motor, after the pressure switch.

Some of the MARCO pumps are easier than others to make this connection. Let me know which pump you are installing and I will get you more information.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018, 08:03 brass.ring@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Good morning Bill,

Were you able to interface the LED indicator light on the panel to show when the Marco pumps are running.  If so, how did you connect the wiring?  Thanks.

Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54 - 68
Southport, NC