Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Unknown spare parts [1 Attachment]

Paul,

That might be the rubber seal that goes on the top of your main furling motor. That is, if you have the 54 vertically mounted main furling motor, which with hull #98, I suspect you have this seal. Early model 54s had a horizontal main furling motor. BTW, when these seals leak, the incoming water will ruin the motor. The rubber seals probably have a life of 2-4 years. That life can be prolonged with a coating of Trident brand Silicone Grease (I don't recommend a substitute for the Trident brand...you can find it in dive shops.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 11:21 AM sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

[Attachment(s) from sharongbrown@... [amelyachtowners] included below]

Hi all,

I have some parts left over form the previous owner whcih I cannot identify and am hoping someone may be able to help. I have attached a photo.

Two soft rubbery/foam rings, external diameter 106mm, internal diameter 60mm, thickness 10mm
Two aluminium batons, string attached one end, length approx 360mm, width 15mm, thickness 3mm

Cheers,
Paul
Ya Fohi, Amel 54 #98