Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Aft Climma AC, SM

Eric,

That comment about the expert engineer was an inside joke between Gary and me...I should have noted that.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018, 19:15 'sailormon' kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

The only issue I can see with mounting the A/C unit “backwards” is that the temperature sensor is mounted on the front of the coil. This might make the sensor think it is sensing  a different temperature than the ambient air in the head .

If I were to have designed  the thermostat setup ,in the aft cabin, I would put the thermostat in the cabin with an electronic sensor attached, and not in the head. I did this when I installed my Dometic A/C unit.

With the old unit the head was always warmer than the aft cabin. Now the aft cabin is at the correct temperature.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376