Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Safety deposit box in aft head of Super maramu

Patrick McAneny

Graham, I wanted to remove our safe and could not risk the damage and left it in. The key had broken off in it, finally i was able to extract it , glue it together and gently opened the safe. I leave it ajar , because if I lock it and the key breaks ,some big thug someday will not believe that I can't open it, and will beat me to senseless , not a long road. I would feel safer without the safe in full view. I know a thief will not take the time removing it that I would and would not be too concerned about scratching my woodwork , unless of course he was an unusually considerate thief. If you figure how to remove it ,please let me know . I would rather have the storage and hide my stuff in one of the thousands of places on the boat.
Pat
SM#123

-----Original Message-----
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Mon, Jul 30, 2018 9:02 am
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Safety deposit box in aft head of Super maramu

The lock on the safe of my 1995 SM no 140 has jammed, fortunately whilst open. My plan was just to take the whole thing out and buy a new one. However, on looking at the hole through which the box needs to be retrieved, it would appear to be some what smaller than the safe itself.

Before I waste a lot of time has any one got any practical experience of removing a safe from the rear heads on a Super Maramu, and any practical tips....like remove the front panel to all the shelving?

I await any comments,

Graham 
SM140 SULA
Hong Kong

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.