Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Safety deposit box in aft head of Super maramu

eric freedman

From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2018 12:01 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Safety deposit box in aft head of Super maramu

I was also locked out of my safe. It appeared that to remove the safe would  require a lot of woodwork to replace it.

I am very familiar with safes. Even though  this safe is not a TRTL-30X6 the door is quite substantial..

The secret to opening a non-burglary resistance safes is sharp drills, chisels, and a big hammer.

I drilled and hammered the safe door until I opened the safe.

I then has a new door fabricated out of shiny stainless. I has a simple key lock installed and now use a simple  key to open the safe.

The  safe that we have is intended to keep honest people honest. If someone wants this safe all they have to do is to use a sledge hammer and crow bar and take the safe home to open later.

I am quite happy with my new shiny door.

The key lock I used is similar to. https://www.mcmaster.com/#cam-latches/=1dxkk9l   Miniature keyed cam lock.

There are photos under Kimberlite in the photo section..

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376