Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Amel 54 main mast seal

Peter Forbes

Dear Barry and Penny,

We had the same issue on our 54 #035 and so I showed Olivier Beaute and he said that the edges had broken off but the main seal was intact and if I wanted to replace it I would have to lift the mast with a crane. We decided to do nothing at the moment.

Peter
Peter Forbes
0044 7836 209730
Carango  Sailing Ketch
Amel 54 #035
In La Rochelle for sale

On 5 Aug 2018, at 09:08, connor_barry@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Can anyone in the group advise me on the procedure to replace the bottom main mast seal.

The seal at the bottom of the mast on the deck is cracking and pieces are breaking off around the edge of the mast base.

This is not happening at the bottom of the mizzen mast.

I am thinking that the mast might need to be lifted up and a new seal put in. Hoping that this is not the repair remedy and that there might be some simpler method to repair this.

Is this a common problem and part of maintenance?

Our Amel 54 is now 12 years young.

Many Thanks

Regards

Barry and Penny