Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Looking for suggestions on galley refrigerator

Mark Erdos

Paul,

I did not opt for the water cooled units. I am happy with the basic air cooled unit. If I had to do it over, I might opt for the larger box evaporator but this would mean redoing the drain tray and plumbing in the unit. I am happy with the results.

Also, I should note the parts come pre-charged so the installation is just connecting the quick-connect fittings. No charging or Freon necessary.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff

www.creampuff.us

Sent: Monday, August 6, 2018 9:01 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: RE: [Amel Yacht Owners] Looking for suggestions on galley refrigerator

Mark! Did you consider to have a water cooled compressor? We have changed the cooler and compressor in the fridge box. To a water cooled, I also build a freezer where the dishwasher was, also water cooled. Both compressors are cooled by circulating fresh water from the drinking water tank. Limited corrosion no growth of barnacles. No problem to use when on the hard, and very energy efficient. No noice from any fan. Took the water from the manual pump outlet to the compressors.
I have thought of doing something about the fridge cabinet as it get cool, but work most of the time and make noice even after I changed the fan. One thought was a drawer fridge, terribly expensive and does not match, or change compressor and evaporator. I think I know the answer now.
Paul on SY Kerpa SM 259

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.