Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Question about the refrigiration system on an A54

Sv Garulfo

Arno,

Thanks for the measure, it’s useful info. Do you have your source of frigoboat info? I’d be happy to read it.
The circulation pump is hot indeed, and always has been, and I also saw it hot on a friend’s 54. Doesn’t mean it’s right! But the more data points the better. I’ll check all that again when we’re back in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to meeting you!

Thanks!

Thomas
Away from
GARULFO
A54-122
Curacao

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018 at 03:28, arno.luijten@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Today I measured the voltage directly across the circulation pump for the fridges and it measures 12.5 Volts when one or more fridges are running/cooling. That makes sense as the pump is 12 Volt.

Frigoboat does tell you to use a voltage divider in case you have a single  compressor setup and a 24 volt system. They even sell a device for this. But when you use the multi-compressor pump switch the divider is apparently build into the switch already.

So I dont' think the original Frigoboat pump can/should be used at 24 Volt. It's likely to burn up very quickly.

Cheers,

Arno