Re: re caulking of stanchion base

Craig Briggs

Hi Davi,
Suggest you use phosphoric acid to clean the rust and put some into the hole.  That will also passivate any rust on the embedded carbon steel plate, thus slowing future rusting.
Best, Craig, SN68

---In amelyachtowners@..., <davi.rozgonyi@...> wrote :

Bill, Hi there.... is this the screw for the job, from grainger? I think I might be needing this soon on my SM #56... Got some butyl tape ordered too...so would I unseat the stanchion, clean the rust from everything, tef gel the screws as per your instructions in this thread, then only use butyl tape to cover the whole stanchion base and rescrew everything down?

Many thanks...
Davi