Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] changing cockpit cover installation from old Super Maramu to SM2K

Mark Erdos

Hi Danny,

I had to laugh about you never wearing wet weather gear. We have a similar enclosure setup on Cream Puff. I’m not sure I even know where the wet weather gear is anymore. While we don’t have near as many miles as you, we love the setup and agree the fully enclosed cockpit is invaluable.

We also made matching panels with insect screens. They can be easily substituted for the clear panels of the enclosure. These have proven wonderful for two reasons. First, it obviously keeps the bugs out on anchor. Second, they provide shade while letting air circulate the cockpit.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper

Sailing Vessel - Cream Puff - SM2K - #275

Currently cruising - Bonaire

www.creampuff.us