From: Danny and Yvonne SIMMS simms@... [amelyachtowners]
To: amelyachtowners
Sent: Wed, Aug 8, 2018 7:01 am
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] changing cockpit cover installation from old Super Maramu to SM2K

Hi Kent,
I'm not sure what you mean by a bimini type top but I offer this anyway. I think the most valuable addition to Ocean Pearl was the full cockpit enclosure, from the windscreen to behind the mizzen. Obviously we used the existing Amel bars and covers and attached to them.
In 47000 miles (I clicked over 47000 today) sailing we have never donned wet weather gear.  When sailing down wind in moderate to strong winds and rain, without the rear curtains life would be miserable.
And you most certainly need full front and side protection cause that is where the big sea splashes come in.
While the top from the Amel frame to our "behind mizzen" bar is zip removable we seldom remove it. As are all the side and back curtains The side and rear curtains roll up and down easily. This cover system turns the cockpit into an all weather extension of the cabin. I decided when we were looking for a boat a full cockpit enclosure was non negotiab le. I was not going to ask Yvonne to bake to the sun and freeze in the rain for the two years voyage we had planned.(10 years ago)
I'll say again, that cockpit enclosure is invaluable for the increased pleasure it gives.
And those guys and gals in their bimini "unprotected" twin wheel rear helm stations that look so flash in the marinas are wrapped up in wet weather gear and getting wet top and bottom
Kind Regards
Danny
On 08 August 2018 at 04:19 "Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Philipp,

I am going to replace my SM 2K cockpit enclosure with a Bimini type top.  If you want my framework, I will ship it to you at your cost.

Kent
Kristy
SM 243
Cu rrently St Michaels MD USA

On Jul 28, 2018, at 11:01 AM, philipp.sollberger@... [amelyachtowners] < amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi dear Super Maramu Experts,

I think about to change my old installation of the cockpit cover on my SM#124 to the installation on the SM2K.
For this action I asked AMEL in La Rochelle and NV Equipment as well, but unfortunately I didn't get an answer that they could help.
Does anybody has a map with the dimensions of the inox tubes and also where to fix them on the cockpit triangle.

Many thanks for all support!

Philipp
SM#124, Félicie, Bâle

< /div>