Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] paying Amel for parts order

James Alton

Ryan and Kelly,

   I have had this problem on multiple occasions even when I alerted my CC company that a particular charge was to be made.  What I have resorted to that has  worked 100% of the time so far is to call my CC company on one phone, call the vendor on the other and have the CC company follow and approve the transaction.  Nothing else I have tried seems to work.  Once you have a charge on record with Amel with your CC company, your CC company may allow future purchases without going through this ordeal so remember which card you used.

Best of luck,

James Alton
SV Sueño
Maramu #220

On Aug 8, 2018, at 10:20 AM, Ryan Meador ryan.d.meador@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I recently placed my first parts order with Amel, and I'm having trouble paying them.  I've given them two different US-based credit cards from different issuers and they say both were declined.  Neither card issuer has any record of an attempted charge, so they can't tell me why they were declined, and this implies the problem is on Amel's end.

Amel also gave me wire instructions, but my bank is not able to send wires.

How do you folks pay for your orders?

Thanks,
Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration