Re: paying Amel for parts order

mfmcgovern@...

Ryan,

That is odd.  I've used my Fidelity Visa card to pay for orders in both Amel France and Amel Martinique in the past without any issues.

That said, I might have a relatively easy solution for you.  In trying to send a deposit overseas for a dinghy that's made in New Zealand I discovered this site:  https://transferwise.com/.  It's easy to setup an account and will give you the ability to make overseas transfers in a few days directly from your US bank account.  The exchange rates are excellent compared to any bank I've seen and the fees are cheaper too.  It has some other neat features as well that may or may not interest you.  All in all, it took me 3 days get it set up, have my account verified, and get a wire transfer sent to New Zealand.  It will take only 1 day for the next payment to get there.

Mark McGovern
SM 440 Cara
Deale, MD USA

---In amelyachtowners@..., <ryan.d.meador@...> wrote :

Hi all,

I recently placed my first parts order with Amel, and I'm having trouble paying them.  I've given them two different US-based credit cards from different issuers and they say both were declined.  Neither card issuer has any record of an attempted charge, so they can't tell me why they were declined, and this implies the problem is on Amel's end.

Amel also gave me wire instructions, but my bank is not able to send wires.

How do you folks pay for your orders?

Thanks,
Ryan and Kelly
SM 233 Iteration