From: amelyachtowners@... [mailto:amelyachtowners@...]
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2018 12:38 PM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Raising the waterline aft on SM

The SM original orange stripe is painted-on gelcoat.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School
http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be taken when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any referred to mechanical and/or electrical device or system.

On Wed, Aug 8, 2018 at 2:13 AM divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

We did the same.

Just raised the antifoul up to the, in our case, red stripe. It is all paint on ours, no vinyl stripping required.

Some have laser lined it and lifted the waterline gradually from bow to stern.

We considered that, but in the end it was quicker and easier just to lift the whole waterline.

Sure its a bit high ate the bow, but so what, NO MORE SCRUBBING !!

It was well worth it

Good luck

Cheers

Alan