Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: SM Running Rigging

Miles,

I am fairly certain that the difference is the quality of the rope made by the rope manufacturer.

I most cases thickness compression is not an issue like it is with the Anderson Line Tender. I believe most rope manufacturers have taken something out of the core (guts) of their ropes. Their reason for doing this is sound. 98% of their customers shop mostly price.

The Kevlar rope Amel used for some specific lines was packed with fiber and could not be compressed. This was a matter of quality, rather than the fact that it had a Kevlar core. I am betting that you might be able to find Kevlar rope that isn't as packed.

About 1-2 years ago Amel began recommending 12mm line for the outhaul and mainsheet Traveller.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018, 08:48 'Miles Bidwell' milesbid@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

Some boats seem to work better on 10 and some on 12.  I have been told that some of the Andersons are different.  The important factor seems to be that the line is Kevlar.

Miles