From: amelyachtowners@...
[mailto:amelyachtowners@...] On Behalf Of Ian & Judy Jenkins
Sent: Saturday, September 13, 2008 8:22 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] US entry

Hi y'all, We are thinking of taking Pen Azen, British flagged, to visit
some former colonies next year, arriving in Florida ( shhh... might be
arriving from Havana...) and working our way north to Noo Yawk. Is there
anyone who has recent experience of taking a foreign flagged vessel( crewed
by two Aliens) to the States? There have been scare stories circulating in
the Old World about the boys and girls from Homeland Security, 96 hours
notice of entering US waters, the need ( on a strict reading of the
legislation ) to notify the authorities if you even move berths within the
same marina etc etc. I am sure that in practice it is all much easier but it
would be interesting to know.
We both have UK passports and the UK has a visa free entry if you fly in to
the US but I am not sure if the same applies if you sneak in at 7 knots.
All would be no doubt revealed if I could afford the $300 to attend an
interview at the US embassy but I am sure that there will be an Amel owner
out there somewhere who will have all this at his/her fingertips.
Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Trinidad

Win New York holidays with Kellogg's & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354033/direct/01/