Andre Kaplan
Renaissance 2000
Mango#7188

On Aug 11, 2018, at 12:16 PM, Kent Robertson karkauai@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Paul,
Best thing I've found is 303 Fabric Guard.  They make a mold and mildew cleaner and multipurpose cleaner, too.  It's expensive, but it's what every body who sells Sunbrella recommends.  Once it's clean and dry, apply the Fabric Guard, and reapply every 3-6 months depending on how much it's exposed.
Nothing makes it waterPROOF, but it will help keep the stitch holes from leaking.  If there are places where water accumulates on top of the fabric, the weight will stretch the fibers and cause leaking, so making sure it drains properly will help too.
Kent
SM243
Kristy

From: "osterberg.paul.l@... [amelyachtowners]" <amelyachtowners@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Saturday, August 11, 2018 11:57 AM
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] Sunbrella

We have some issues with our spray hood and bimini made from Sunbrella (3 years old). It has developed a lot of stain from mold and now it starts to leak in water especially around the supporting SS tubing.
Three questions
1. Any suggestion of how to wash it to get rid of the mold stain?
2. Any suggested treatment to avoid mold coming back
3. what is  the best treatment to make it water proof again?

Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259