Shaft Brake-ATF Leak

Drew Gaffney

+

Recently noticed Automatic Transmission Fluid under and on the aft end of the shaft brake after motoring.  The fluid seems to be coming from the around the adjustment bolt on the brake.  I've tightened the 4 hex bolts on the aft end-cap of the brake cylinder, but it still leaks.  The fluid collects on the support rail that holds the brake.  The transmission filter cover, seal with the engine, etc.are dry.  I recently cleaned the ATF heat exchanger and the transmission runs "cool".

It looks like there are seals in the brake cylinder.  I've not opened it.

Has anyone had this problem?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Drew Gaffney
SV Revelation SM390
Lying Marine Sifredi, Carloforte, Sardinia