From: Ian & Judy Jenkins <ianjudyjenkins@...>
To: amelyachtowners@...
Sent: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 1:21 pm
Subject: [Amel Yacht Owners] US entry

Hi y'all, We are thinking of taking Pen Azen, British flagged, to visit some
former colonies next year, arriving in Florida ( shhh... might be arriving
from Havana...) and working our way
north to Noo Yawk. Is there anyone who has
recent experience of taking a foreign flagged vessel( crewed by two Aliens) to
the States? There have been scare stories circulating in the Old World about
the boys and girls from Homeland Security, 96 hours notice of entering US
waters, the need ( on a strict reading of the legislation ) to notify the
authorities if you even move berths within the same marina etc etc. I am sure
that in practice it is all much easier but it would be interesting to know.
We both have UK passports and the UK has a visa free entry if you fly in to the
US but I am not sure if the same applies if you sneak in at 7 knots.
All would be no doubt revealed if I could afford the $300 to attend an
interview at the US embassy but I am sure that there will be an Amel owner out
there somewhere who will have all this at his/her fingertips.
Cheers, Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Trinidad

Win New York holidays with Kellogg’s & Live Search
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/111354033/direct/01/

(Yahoo! ID required)