Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New ultrasonic DST sesnor from AIRMAR

Colin - ex SV Island Pearl

Very interesting, I have been waiting for something like this as I will not drill another hole in my hull.

Bill, in the video (at 22 seconds in) it says you can get info via "NMEA2000 or NMEA0183".... I wonder if this could be both and therefore used into the old B&G and my more modern Raymarine system?

Colin on SV Island Pearl II, SM332
Currently anchored off the lovely exotic, Sakatia Island Lodge, NosyBe, Madagascar!!

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Alan,

And it's NMEA 2000, so not a plug and play replacement for failed B&
G sonic speed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018, 08:16 dbv_au@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

[sorry, the earlier message 'got away' from me before I could properly complete.]

When our Sonic Speed failed, we regained Boat Speed by replacing the preexisting depth-only sensor in the underfloor compartment outside the forward head with a paddle-wheel DST800.  The DST800 uses a 51mm (2") form factor, and was a drop-in replacement.

The UDST800 is also a 51mm (2") fitting.  Noting however that the UDST800 processor requires a separate power supply, and the specs sheet says that this is 12VDC.

Cheers,

David
Perigee, SM#396
Spanish Water, Curaçao