Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] New ultrasonic DST sesnor from AIRMAR

Colin,

I believe the Paddlewheel reception on the B&G H2000 processor may be B&G analog language, so even if this is 0183 as the video states (I did not watch the video), it may not be a simple Plug&Play replacement for the sonic speed sensors. More research is needed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be considered when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any mechanical and/or electrical device or system referred to above.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 2:13 PM Sailing Island Pearl colin.d.streeter@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Very interesting, I have been waiting for something like this as I will not drill another hole in my hull.

Bill, in the video (at 22 seconds in) it says you can get info via "NMEA2000 or NMEA0183".... I wonder if this could be both and therefore used into the old B&G and my more modern Raymarine system?

Colin on SV Island Pearl II, SM332
Currently anchored off the lovely exotic, Sakatia Island Lodge, NosyBe, Madagascar!!

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:33 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@yahoogroups..com> wrote:

Alan,

And it's NMEA 2000, so not a plug and play replacement for failed B&
G sonic speed.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018, 08:16 dbv_au@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Hi Bill,

[sorry, the earlier message 'got away' from me before I could properly complete.]

When our Sonic Speed failed, we regained Boat Speed by replacing the preexisting depth-only sensor in the underfloor compartment outside the forward head with a paddle-wheel DST800.  The DST800 uses a 51mm (2") form factor, and was a drop-in replacement.

The UDST800 is also a 51mm (2") fitting.  Noting however that the UDST800 processor requires a separate power supply, and the specs sheet says that this is 12VDC.

Cheers,

David
Perigee, SM#396
Spanish Water, Curaçao

--
Colin Streeter
0411 016 445

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.