Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: Battery Compartment Explosion

Giovanni TESTA

Yes Alan, this is the primary reson I installed AGM after I had some gas problems sailing from NZ to Fiji, very dangerous!
With AGM now I m more confident, even if I always check their temperature.
Cheers
Gianni
EUTIKIA SM 428

Il 13/08/2018 11:28, divanz620@... [amelyachtowners] ha scritto:

Seems to me that a lot of these issues could be solved / eliminated by using sealed batteries...like AGM

If all the regs are set correctly there should be no gassing form VRLA  (AGM) batteries and this whole explosion hazard is minimized, not to mention the PITA  regular maintenance of keeping wet cell batteries topped up.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437