Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Info- calpeda pump for 160 LPH watermaker

sailormon <kimberlite@...>

Hi Bill,

I found the problem. It was none of the above,

Thanks

For the help.

There was something lodger between the 2 pre filters.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Monday, August 13, 2018 8:01 AM
To: amelyachtowners@...
Subject: Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Info- calpeda pump for 160 LPH watermaker

Eric,

I have seen growth, barnacles and mussels pack the line from the sea chest to the saltwater manifold. mussels especially like this area because of the waterflow caused by the AC pump when in a marina. I have also seen blades on the metal impeller of the Calpeda pump break off. I have also seen a AC pump with a suction-side leak caused by a mechanical seal failure. Any/all of these are possible issues which can cause lack of flow. I am sure there may be other causes.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  
http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be considered when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any mechanical and/or electrical device or system referred to above.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 6:01 PM eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Bill,

My problem is not enough pressure. However I found the specs on the Calpeda pump, which I changed to an Iwaki pump and the specs are very similar. I have changed the membranes and the pre filters.

I will get to the bottom of this problem. Thanks for your comments.

Best,

Eric

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 06:33 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

No, all I know is what I gave you. 

I don't know how you could exceed max pressure if you stay at, or under liters/hour.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus
Amel School www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018, 17:07 eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

HI Bill,

Do you know the the maximum output pressure?

Thanks

Eric

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 05:22 PM, Bill Rouse brouse@... [amelyachtowners] wrote:

Eric,

"The specifications of the low pressure pump are : 300W 900l/h. Best regards Secretary Dessalator Rosyne Castino"

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Admiral, Texas Navy
Commander Emeritus

Amel School  
http://www.amelschool.com
720 Winnie St

+1(832) 380-4970

Any opinions and conclusions expressed in this message are solely those of the author and should not be construed as representing the opinion of an expert. Manufacturers' and Expert's precautions must be considered when dealing with mechanical and/or electrical systems to ensure that you are NOT harmed, and/or the device and/or system is NOT ruined. If in doubt, do not touch any mechanical and/or electrical device or system referred to above.

On Sun, Aug 12, 2018 at 3:58 PM eric kimberlite@... [amelyachtowners] <amelyachtowners@...> wrote:

Does anyone have the model number of the 160 lph watermaker lift pump for the watermaker.

Is there a distributor in the USA?

Also what are the specs of the pump?

Lph , head, pressure?

Fair winds,

Eric

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.